Game Submitted, Finally

I did it, I finally submitted my mobile game to the Google Play store. It took a while to figure out what I needed to do to fix my issue originally. As of yesterday the Play Store was giving me this error:

This release is not compliant with the Google Play 64-bit requirement.
The following APKs or App Bundles are available to 64-bit devices, but they only have 32-bit native code: [2]
Include 64-bit and 32-bit native code in your app. Use the Android App Bundle publishing format to automatically ensure that each device architecture receives only the native code it needs. This avoids increasing the overall size of your app.

There were a couple of things I had to do to make this right. First off, I switched to the Android App Bundle publishing format because I found through my search of the wonderful internet that that is the recommended way to publish anything to the play store. Like it says, it can reduce the size of the app, simplify releases, and enable advanced distribution features. I found this setting in my build settings in Unity when building for Android:

The next thing I did was to go into my Unity Project Settings > Player and go to the “Other” settings tab. Under Configuration there is a dropdown for the Scripting Backend, I changed it from Mono to IL2CPP. I also checked the ARM64 box which was not available before I changed the Scripting Backend:

There it was, I had it. I finally figured out what was happening with my build that was giving me such issues. Or so I thought. Just one more hurdle to jump. On build I was getting and error saying that Unity did not recognize my NDK I had set on there. The one that came with the download I guess was not the correct one. So, I downloaded the newest version or what I thought would be the right one, that didn’t work either. Then Unity said it doesn’t support the version I downloaded but it does support: Unity requires NDK r19 (64-bit) (19.0.5232133).

Great! So I found the NDK r19 (64-bit)(19.2.5345600) which was the only one even close to what Unity wanted. Still didn’t work. I had to dive in deeper to my google search and what I found out is that I had to just change the package revision number:

Thanks SHOLZ!! That did it for me. In case you don’t want to do that, I found a link to the proper version you would need:

https://dl.google.com/android/repository/android-ndk-r19-windows-x86_64.zip

That’s it then. My game is now under review at the Google Play Store and I am waiting for that to finish so I can share it with the world!

--

--

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store